Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shelf Life



Following suit to my blog partner's lead, here is a small sampling of some of my collections.

~


I recently purchased this hutch from a thrift store for what must have been 1/10 of the original price.  It has made a perfect showcase for my previously cluttered curiosities.



A  few of my Lenins , a lovingly dried snake that was found by my father and  some random antique bottles, some found, some given.   And a resin fingertip cast.


Last year's yield of cicada molts. I think I could have collected several hundred more had I started earlier.



These are only replicas that I have distressed for Halloween display purposes. I'm still on the fence about acquiring an authentic human skull, if the opportunity arises though....


The next installment will showcase my collection of taxidermy and critter skulls...

4 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Beautiful jar of cicada molts! I collect eggshells and fallen nests, myself.
I have a human skull, but it is not on display now. Maybe when the children are older.

Prairie Gothic said...

I can't wait to see the next installment!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! Massive display cabinet envy! :)

It's fascinating to see that you have an interest in Lenin busts too.

My favourite one is a Lenin bust candle that I bought at the Szoborpark in Budapest along with canned Communist air. Hehe.

Great collection, Chris! x

Anonymous said...

Lenin and skulls??
Too spooky for me!(But nonetheless, v- e- r- y interesting)