Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Home





Several weeks ago I innocently purchased what was meant to be "something to keep my brain occupied while I paint" , little did I know what I was in for. Heima, is a documentary following the epic Icelandic band Sigur Ros through a series of free, unannounced concerts performed in various scenic and quaint locations in their native homeland.

The cinematography alone is beautiful enough to watch the entire film without sound, but coupled with several powerful and moving live performances by the band, Heima is in my opinion no short of masterful.

I knew little about Sigur Ros before watching the film, but I can say that I'm now a fan because of it. Aside from being versatile and accomplished musicians, the members of the band are humble and honest. They seem to have this symbiosis when performing that makes them sound like a single entity rather than a group of individuals.

I really can't say enough good things about this documentary, so needless to say, I highly recommend that you view it ... immediately.

No comments: